reset

Monday, April 21


It's no lie that I've been posting less than usual in the past three months. Oh of course by less I mean one post a month less, kind-of-thing. Strangely enough, I don't feel a pinch of guilt. But then again... this is what documentation has always been for me. As much as I love documenting my life (boy it's been good to look back at this blog for those good, hearty moments), I've never really felt this obligation to document. I document, when I feel like it, and all the other times, I just simply experience.

And it's a good thing too, because who knows what this blog would be like if I felt obligated to document. It may not even be around, because we all know me and obligations don't always work hand in hand. I love stuff to be free flowing, free-spirited and this is what this space has been for me.

Can you believe we're a quarter into the year already? I know, unbelievable! I can't say that I've come out of this quarter a better person, or that I have come out of it unchanged. Despite all these changes, I feel like I'm still the same person I was before. I think some of you can relate. But one with a greater resolve... to love, to learn, to live. And that's why, believe me when I say, I wouldn't change these last couple of months for a dime.

That as it may be, I'm going to approach 2014 from this year on end with a reset. Start afresh, both in mind and soul, and look at the world from a set of eyes I haven't seen through before. Not in that short-lived euphoric 'yay it's a new year! new beginnings! new me!' kind of way (although there is nothing wrong with that), but just fresh in general. I feel a sense of renewal coming, so today, I press reset and hope for the best.